Gentle Breastfeeding Classes
Offered by an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
Breastfeeding is both natural and a learned skill. It’s normal to have lots of questions!
Whatever your breastfeeding goals may be, this class offers you a solid foundation to better understand your baby's instinctive feeding behaviours, so you can use these to help you work together in the first days and weeks.
Following this class, you will leave feeling more prepared with essential knowledge, strategies, and resources to begin and continue your breastfeeding journey feeling empowered to reach your breastfeeding goals.
A few things we will cover in this breastfeeding class:
- Understanding instinctive newborn feeding behaviours that can help you work together
- Demystifying common breastfeeding and human milk feeding myths
- Breastfeeding positions to comfortably breastfeed anywhere
- How do I know my baby is getting enough?
- Signs that breastfeeding is going well
- Working through common issues
- How can I create my supportive breastfeeding environment? What can I do to prepare and sustain?
- Breastfeeding support resources in your area and when to consult a lactation professional
- And much more!
Come prepare for your breastfeeding experience in a supportive respectful environment. Have the opportunity to ask your burning questions, demystify breastfeeding myths, and get evidence-based information from an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), the gold standard in lactation care.
This class is currently delivered online via Zoom in two weekly sessions of 2 hours each (4 hours total). Each session includes 90 minutes class content + 30 minutes included for questions throughout and after the class.
Can't make it for the next group class? No problem. Schedule a private class at your convenience!
Next live group workshop dates:
*Partners or the breastfeeding/human milk feeding individual’s preferred support person are encouraged to attend the workshop!
- Group workshop: $125 CAD (see dates/times above)
- Semi-private: $175 CAD (schedule with a friend at your convenience)
- Private class: $295 CAD (scheduled at your convenience)
Payment accepted via etransfer or credit card. Additional processing fees apply for credit card payments. Receipts for insurance purposes are available for private classes (registered nurse and IBCLC services).
Participants will receive the Zoom meeting links for the workshop once the payment has been confirmed.
"A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three."
- Grantly Dick-Read